This institution trains and prepares primary school teachers. It is owned and operated by the Catholic Church under His Grace the Archbishop of Suva, Fiji. The college runs a three-year Diploma in Primary Education and a Certificate in Religious Education.
CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE GRADUATE PROFILE
A student graduating from Corpus Christi is ready to teach every area of the curriculum, from maths and English to music physical education and art in the primary school. He/she will teach in accordance with the national curriculum and the Catholic Religion and will be using creative, interactive and engaging teaching methods to encourage pupils to actively participate in classroom activities and develop cognitive, numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
He/she will pay attention to each individual pupil’s progress in the classroom and evaluate their learning abilities by setting assignments, periodic tests and homework projects.
He/she will try to keep up to date on new teaching methods and developments in the curriculum.
Consistent with its Catholic identity and faith, the college helps students to reach toward their full potential in a dynamic, Christ-centred learning community, by affirming throughout all programs, the Gospel message of individual worth and redemption.
A graduate is expected to be
- A Catholic leader who is knowledgeable of the Church’s teaching about Jesus Christ as well as the sacramental expressions of His mission and the ability to articulate one’s own faith and belief.
- A decision maker whose conscience is guided and formed by the teachings of The Catholic Church; can evaluate moral choices and issues based on a well-formed conscience.
- Desirous of spiritual growth and has developed a deep sense of spirituality.
- A person of integrity/honesty
- Committed to service and social justice
- A caring family member and a community builder
- A discerning believer formed in the Catholic Faith Community.
- Most important is the ability to transmit one’s faith to the students both through knowledge, teaching skills and by the examples of his or her life.
Expectations are high in the areas of being well rounded persons in
- Open to growth
- An active and productive citizen
- Culturally appreciative
- A loving person
- Appreciative of diversity
- Respectful of the talents and abilities off others.